Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Almost Funeral

Well I burned all of the pictures to a disc and was prepped to do the funeral post and.... I left the disc at my parent's. So. Instead. Because I was going to include it with the funeral post, I wanted to share someone else's beautiful way of writing.

"A ship sails and I stand watching til she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says, "she is gone."
Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all; she is just as large as when I saw her. The diminished size and the total loss of sight is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "she is gone", there are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up a glad shout, "There she comes!" and that is dying." -Bishop Charles Henry Brent
I thought it was beautiful anyway.

And to all the anonymous. I can't say thank you enough.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I am a friend of kinzies and haven't commented but just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. It is a beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not sure if you already know her but there is a blog by a woman named Moly Jackson and her beautiful daughter passed away a few years ago when she was 2. She is an amazing writer as you are I I think you could be comforted by her experiences as well. Her blog is jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! So beautiful. Makes me wonder what family and friends were embracing and welcoming Gracie on the other side.

    ReplyDelete