Thursday, December 15, 2011

Heart Follow Up

Well we had the appointment with the other cardiac doctor and at this point things aren't good. She has developed hypoplastic or hyperplastic (I can't remember which way it is), left heart syndrome. (at least I think this is what the doctor said though honestly, it was pretty much a blur of words)

That is something that even in the healthiest of healthy kids with no other problems but that, people often still opt for comfort care (hospice), because the survival is just so low.

That being said, we are obviously heartbroken. I mean, it isn't anything new or something we weren't expecting, but it is somehow still shocking. It just feels heavier. More final.

She still might not even make it to term but if she does we should be delivering somewhere between Jan 5-9 at which point, we will just spend whatever time we have loving her and then give her back to her Father.

There is a certain amount of peace having some of the uncertainty wiped away but it isn't much of a consolation. It was liberating to cancel appointments with other doctors though. Maybe now we can enjoy the holidays a little more and just appreciate the time with her inside and the little time we have with her outside.

I'm sure I'll post again with more thoughts and things but I just wanted to let those who have cared and prayed and worried with us know.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Emma.
    My heart breaks for you and your sweet Gracie Belle.
    Only because you won't have more time together...on earth.
    I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling...I'm a sobbing mess myself.
    You're attitude, as always, is such an example of grace and strength.
    I pray that you,Kendall and your sweet boys can feel peace all around you and the loving arms of the Savior wrapped around you.
    Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, friend. We will all be praying you through this time. Much love-

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to keep you and Gracie in our prayers

    ReplyDelete