Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Unreal Experiences

So I had the amniocentesis today. It was a little trippy.

I couldn't think about the whole needle aspect of the ordeal so I just watched the ultrasound screen on the wall and it was crazy to see little Gracie just floating along and all of a sudden this pointy thing pokes on in.

I wonder if she wondered 'what in the HECK is that?'

It went really well and was something of a miracle because she is normally CRAZY in there. I think she is practicing for some sort of circus acrobat trick but when we did the amnio she stayed incredibly still.

I just watched her little heart beating and kept saying in my mind 'Just hold still Belles'. And she did. I guess she knows that one of my requirements as a parent is perfect obedience. I'm glad we have this established early on.

We won't know the results of the amnio for a couple of days so I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. What a good girl! Gracie Belle just wants her Mama to be happy. :) Or she's already a genius (I'm leaning more towards this scenario) and knew not to mess around with the giant poky thing. She must get her brains from her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went well and she was so cooperative! What a little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the amnio went well and that she listened to mommy! It's amazing you sat still too. I can't imagine a needle going through my belly. Good job for both of ya!! Praying the results are what you're hoping for.

    ReplyDelete