Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No news is...

We got the amnio results today. It isn't good.

She has trisomy 9. Full trisomy 9 which is worse than partial or mosaic. I don't know much about it. We are meeting with the doctor on Thursday to discuss it.

The thing about it is, neither the doctor nor the genetic counselor have ever seen a Trisomy 9 baby make it past 8 weeks in the pregnancy. I'm 20 weeks. Everyone is puzzled as to what to expect.

The chances of her surviving the pregnancy are slim, the outcome of life if she is born is probably slimmer. Needless to say we are heartbroken and we find ourselves in yet another situation where we just have to wait and see.

We are okay. Really we are. We are just having to process the news and well... wait. If anything becomes clearer after meeting with the doctors who have no experience with a case like ours I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Emma...what can we even say?
    Nothing except that we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I am heartbroken for you and Kendall and your whole family. I pray you will feel the love and prayers we all are sending your way. Please call me anytime. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of our hearts are aching for you and your family. You aren't alone and we all love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Emma. What sad news. I will keep praying for you and Kendall that you will be blessed with peace during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What extremely difficult news. It just shows what a perfect little spirit she must be and what blessing you get to have her for eternity. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete