Sunday, September 23, 2012

It finally arrived.

I seriously doubt anyone at all still checks this thing. I sure don't come here much anymore. But I wanted to post a picture of her beautiful stone. I don't know if it's too tiny to read but it says,

Ray
Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Gracie Belle
Jan 9 2012-Jan 11 2012
Beloved daughter of Emily and Kendall

We love it.

In other news,

We are doing really well. Ups and downs for sure but for the most part things are stable. Every now and then, I will feel like the wind was knocked out of me, but we carry on.

I am working on a video of Gracie. When I finish it, hopefully I will be able to post it. We shall see.

I think I am internet fatigued because I just sent a bunch of e-mails and did some family website postings so I am fairly unmotivated to write much right now. Sorry, you are all just random victims of task order.

Also,
my oldest monkey, (who was fairly unhappy with mom and dad tonight), wrote us letters.

"Dear Mom,
You are doomed."

"Dear Dad,
Perhaps you are stupid."

Lovely, isn't he?

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful stone! And a perfect bench to sit and visit on.
    I didn't realize how much I missed this blog until you just posted again. I'm glad you're feeling more at peace though.
    And I love those special notes from oldest monkey. :) His phrasing reminds me so much of his lovely mama. He's smart if moody. :) Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect.

    I can't help but laugh at his letters. I think he has his mom's eloquent and humorous writing skills.

    I cross "Emma Jane" street every single day and think of you! Hope all are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still check in now and then to see if you posted something. Glad you finally got a headstone for Gracie. Thanks for sharing with us. Glad there are more ups than downs. Those letters are too funny. You need to frame those and put them on a wall. Those are precious! Sure love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, you don't know me personally. I was your dad's admin for many years, and I've followed your story about Gracie. I come back here ever so often to see if you've added more. As this first year has passed, I want you know that Gracie has not been forgotten. Your story has touched many people, I am sure. I want to share some info with you. You may already know about Angie and Todd Smith. Todd is with the Christian singing group Selah. They went through the same journey as you and Kendall. She has written a book called "I Will Carry You." I heard their story at the Women of Faith conference in Dallas last fall and thought of you immediately. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete