Monday, November 7, 2011

Puttering Around

Don't have too much to update. Well anything really. She is still hanging in there and growing, still two weeks small but progressing. My c-section is tentatively scheduled for Jan 5th. Just in time to pay a brand new shiny deductible.
Maybe Gracie has great financial smarts and come five days earlier. ;)

I see an ultrasound of her about every two weeks and each time the ultrasound tech comes in first and does the ultrasound and then the doctor will come in and answer questions and check things out too.

I've developed a friendship with the tech and every time she comes in I ask her a BILLION questions and she is always like "the doctor can answer all of your questions in a minute". That's what she's supposed to say. And that's fine, the doctor's great and all, but things always sound better coming from her for some reason.

My strategy is if I bombard her with enough questions then she is bound to slip on one of them. And she does and she laughs and tells me to stop. But hey. If it works, it works.

One of the things to look for is essentially a clenched fist that is fused. Fused is not good. I asked the tech if her fist was fused and at that moment Gracie opened her fist like she was saying, "of course mom, i can open my fist, I'm just in fight fist mode." She's funny like that. And maybe it's crazy but I feel like she is way more conscious of what is going on and what I am saying and feeling, than anyone would give a baby credit for.

I feel very close to her these days. I feel her move all the time and I am just really trying to embrace it as our time together. Whenever she kicks I talk to her and it helps.

Miraculously, we don't have ANY doctor's appointment this week. Not one. That pretty much never happens so we are just kicking back in our pajamas, unpacking and enjoying Halloween candy. I think it's going to be a good week.

4 comments:

  1. pajamas and candy?! Two of my favorite things!
    I wish I were there!

    MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Wendy, I wish I could hang out in my pajamas and eat candy all week. I love that you guys have some kind of silent language with each other, mothers and daughters should have some kind of secret language or something. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you have a week of no appointments. Just resting and eating chocolate sounds like a brilliant idea. Wish I could join you. I think little Gracie knows her mama pretty well too....the way she's always responding to your anxieties and concerns in some way. Somehow she just gets you. Love that. We continue to pray for you and her and the rest of the boys (Kendall included). Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete