Sunday, February 23, 2014

They That Be With Us Are More Than They That Be With Them


My blog post "Why I Didn't Murder My Baby" got over 125,000 views. Which is humbling but also strange because I felt like I knew maybe 30 people who would have taken the time to read it. Maybe 32.

125,000 people had my Gracie Belle's name on their lips. A miraculous feat for someone who lived such a short time.

So what does that mean? That people like reading about a good train wreck? That I used the right language to grab a small chunk of the internet's attention?

What I think it means is that she mattered. This one little girl in this one little corner of the world mattered.

And that's the point isn't it? Every single life matters. There aren't any that are more discardable or dispensable than others. I have no more worth than Gracie or you or the man begging in the street.

These lives we lead, these seemingly insignificant acts we do everyday matter. YOU matter.

And so did they. The billions of babies who have been aborted mattered. They still do, they just won't have a chance to show us how much on this side of life.

The songs they'll never sing, the hearts they'll never inspire, the people they'll never love. We are missing so many and we don't even know. We don't know how much we have lost and should all be grieving that.

I received hundreds and hundreds of comments and emails. Some were negative. Sure. Some people have lost sight of the value of life and all the light that goes with it. But it was tiny. It was barely worth my notice when compared to the army of people who cared, who recognized the devastation of life that our society is letting slip by unchallenged.

And I can only believe. No, I know that the souls of those so easily cast aside are rallying with us in Heaven. Billions of babies. BILLIONS.

As the Bible says, "Fear not; for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

I know there are exceptions and I hope the readers of this and my last post know that I know that. I know people are sometimes forced to make unthinkable, impossible decisions and believe me I understand. I ache with you and for you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
But we cannot let the majority of our society be governed by the exceptions. We cannot look the other way. We cannot shrug and say that's the way the world is now. 

Because it isn't. That's not the way the world has to be.
We need to find courage. We need to be brave. We need to stand up to politicians and media outlets that pervert the sacredness of life and tell us that "the majority of the people feel this way".

They are wrong. There are more with us than be with them. There is more hope and strength and power than we can possibly imagine. There are more.

***i also wanted to add my deep and sincere gratitude for the outpouring of love and support. You'll never know how much it buoyed me up and helped me to feel hope and peace when my heart still breaks every other breath from missing my child.

                                          May The Lord bless you with that same peace.

4 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet face. I need a hug. And more than that, I wish I were there to hug you. I'm right behind you and all that you have said. Gracie Belle left a stamp on many, many hearts. Such a tiny little angel breathed life into many a dusty testimony. Love you Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you said it so perfectly. You are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post, but I just found your blog after searching "Full Trisomy 9" over and over on Google. Our son was born last month and went to heaven soon after. His test results came in recently and he had Full Trisomy 9. I've found a few articles on Trisomy 9p or a mosaic form, but nothing on babies born with Full Trisomy 9. Our doctor had not seen it either. Anyway, I was encouraged to find your blog. I feel like our babies were hand-selected for this...it's so rare. I just started documenting our journey at http://echosofethan.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete